Water Heater Repair in Austin, Texas
Are you frequently running out of hot water, or has it started to take longer for your water to get hot? Maybe it simply no longer gets as hot as it used to? What if you notice your water heater leaking? If any of this sounds familiar, you'll want to contact Honest Plumbing & Air for professional water heater repair.
We provide prompt water heater repair services throughout Austin, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Hutto, Leander, Pflugerville & Round Rock, TX. We can diagnose the condition of your electric or gas water heater on the same day you call us. Catching a water heater issue early, before it escalates into something larger, will save you time, energy, and money. So when you notice something unusual, don't wait to give our team a call!
Common Signs Your Hot Water Heater Needs Repair
There are common signs that your water heater is in need of repair. Leaving any type of issue unattended could lead to some serious, costly repairs or full water heater system replacement. If you noticed any of these signs, we advise you call a professional water heater company to assess the situation and provide recommendations to remedy the issue.
- Changing water temperatures: Have you noticed that your water temperature is not consistent? Sometimes your showers are too hot or lukewarm? This might be a result of mineral deposit build up around the heating elements of your water tank.
- Pilot light is out: For owners of a gas water heater - an unlit pilot light will be the root cause of no hot water.
- Water discoloration: Water coming out of your tap or shower should always be transparent and colorless. If you are notice discoloration - like rust or brown coloring - it is encouraged you call a water heater professional immediately. This issue can cause serious health concerns for you and your family.
- Hot water is running out too quickly: This is an indication that one of your water heater’s elements is not heating your tank properly.
- Leaking water tank: A lack of hot water is not the result of this issue, but is a concern for the efficiency of your water heating system. If you are noticing water outside your water heater, this could be caused by a crack in the tank or a poorly-fitted part.
- Broken thermostat: Electric water heaters feature a thermostat which can limit the amount of hot water in your supply when broken. Have a water heater professional determine if your thermostat is repairable or a replacement is the best solution for you.
- Loud Noises: North Austin is home to large calcium deposits. It is not uncommon for large mineral buildup of calcium on your water heater system. This will create strange noises as the heating parts are struggling to do their job.
When To Replace Your Water Heater?
Maintaining your hot water tank is important is an important routine maintenance needed to be done as a home or business owner. Your water heater’s longevity depends on often it’s used, whether it’s maintained properly, and the water supply quality. In general water heaters are expected to last between 6-13 years with proper maintenance. Prior to moving into a new home, make sure to check the age of the existing water heater.
Water Heater Maintenance
To ensure your gas or electric water heater reaches the full life expectancy, routine maintenance is crucial. We encourage a water heater tune-up once a year. These tune up should increase the life expectancy, reduce costly repairs, and lower gas or electric bills. A tune up includes the following:
- Draining and cleaning the water tank. We remove any sediment or buildup that is inside the tank
- Inspecting the tank for crack or signs of corrosion
- Inspect all hoses for cracks and connected tightly
- Checking and replacing filters as needed
- Verifying water heater efficiency.
Honest Air plumbing technicians are experts in both gas and electric water heater systems. Call us today to schedule a routine water heater maintenance.
Servicing Electric, Gas & Tankless Water Heaters
From replacing the heating element to flushing the tank, we can handle whatever type of water heater repair you need. Our technicians have experience working with both electric and gas units, as well as tankless water heaters. We will be able to easily identify whether your water heater is ready for an update or simply needs a new part installed. Whatever the situation, give Honest Plumbing & Air a call today and let us take it from there.
Our hot water heater installation services continue to help homes across Austin, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Hutto, Leander, Pflugerville, Round Rock, TX, and all surrounding cities. Let us help you, give us a call today at (512)238-2058!
100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Let’s Get Started On Your Next Service!
For our team, no job is too large or too small! No matter what make and model your unit is, you can rest assured that our entire staff stays on top of industry news and is qualified to handle your setup.
We’re a dependable veteran-owned and operated company, and we are focused on solutions based on expert diagnosis. Whether we need to replace a switch or an entire unit, expect honesty and quality at the forefront of our service. Our team is ready to handle any job in the Georgetown, Cedar Park, and Hutto areas.
Call Us Today at (512)238-2058