5 Ways To Reduce Your Energy Bill
Whether you’re a homeowner or a renter, saving money anywhere that you can is always a smart idea. With energy costs always on the rise, you can help offset periodic increase by using your energy smarter. See below for Honest Air Conditioning And Plumbing LLC’s 5 tips on how you can reduce your electric bills this summer!
- Unplug, Unplug, Unplug – This one is pretty self-explanatory; strive to make a conscious effort to unplug any appliance or device that you are not using in the moment. From toasters to microwaves, and even cell phone chargers, anything that’s left plugged into the wall is using energy 24 hours a day – regardless of it it’s being used or not.
- Program Your Thermostat – If you already have a thermostat, or if you’re considering installing one, thank yourself later and program your thermostat from the beginning. Through programming, you can control which times of day, or at which temperatures your thermostat should turn on and off.
- Update Your Gadgets – Nowadays, almost any electronic appliance or product is available with the energy star seal of approval. Energy star products are designed to use less energy, which helps save you money. Energy star and other companies often offer discounts or rebates as incentives for people to upgrade their energy consuming devices!
- Check Your Insulation – Another energy culprit can be your home’s insulation. You should check your insulation once a year to ensure proper insulation levels. You should also check to see if there are any gaps or weathering to your home’s roof, attic, or crawl space. Use our guide to determine how your insulation levels compare!
- Don’t Forget The Fan! – Most people tend to underestimate the power of the fan. Fans are a great, low energy way of saving money on your electric bill. Fans offer the added benefit of providing increased air circulation throughout your living space. You can also incorporate the use of box fans in your windows at either end of your home as another way to increase air flow and reduce the temperature in your home.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can save energy in other areas of your home, give the professionals at Honest Air Conditioning And Plumbing LLC. a call today ! Ask us about our home maintenance plans!